Chief Master Sergeant William Sarocco is Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) to the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is currently Interim Command Chief for the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center. Sarocco is the senior enlisted leader on matters influencing the combat readiness, health, welfare, morale, effective utilization and quality of life for more than 26,000 people working at 77 locations and 12 wing/wing-equivalent organizations, to include the host installations at Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio and Hanscom AFB in Massachusetts.
CMSgt Sarocco entered active duty Air Force at Lackland AFB, Texas in November 1990 and completed the Electrical Power Production apprentice school at Sheppard AFB, Texas in 1991. His active duty career consisted of multiple assignments at CONUS Air Force Bases, and OCONUS short tour assignments in Guam and Australia. CMSgt Sarocco has also deployed in support of Operations Joint Endeavor, and Southern Watch. He left active duty Air Force in May of 2000 to successfully pursue an entrepreneurial opportunity in St. Louis, MO while simultaneously attaining his Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology (Cum Laude) from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill. Upon leaving active duty in May 2000, CMSgt Sarocco entered the Air Force Reserve Command with the 932d Civil Engineer Squadron, 932d Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, Illinois.
1996 Airman Leadership School, Joint Defense Facility Nurrungar, Australia
1996 A.A.S Mechanical and Electrical Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala
1999 Diesel Engine Overhaul, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1999 Civil Engineering Management Craftsman (7 Level) School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2001 Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Technology (Cum Laude), Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill.
2003 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2012 Civil Engineer Superintendent School, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2012 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2014 AFRC Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Leadership Course, Scott AFB, Ill.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course I
2019 Professional Manager Certificate
1. November 1990 - December 1990, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. January 1991 - April 1991, Student Electrical Power Production, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. April 1991 - August 1992, Electrical Power Production Apprentice, 355th Civil Engineer Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. September 1992 - March 1994, Electrical Power Production Journeyman, 633 Civil Engineer Squadron; Anderson AFB, Guam.
5. April 1994 - February 1995, Electrical Power Production Journeyman, 88th Communications Group, Gentile Station, Ohio
6. March 1995 - June 1996, Power Plant Shift Leader, 5th Space Warning Squadron, Joint Defense Facility Nurrungar, Australia
7. July 1996 - May 2000, Electrical Power Production Craftsman, 375th Civil Engineer Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. May 2000 – July 2019, Squadron Superintendent, 932d Civil Engineer Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. July 2019 – June 2020, IMA to the Squadron Superintendent, 375th Civil Engineer Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. June 2020 – Present, IMA to the Command Chief, AF Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1. March 1995 - June 1996, Power Plant Shift Leader, 5th Space Warning Squadron, Joint Defense Facility Nurrungar, Australia
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Maj Gen Joseph A. Ahearn Enlisted Leadership Award Meritorious Service Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with 1 silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal Southwest Asia Service Medal with 1 star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal Humanitarian Service Medal with 1 star
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short with 1 oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service with 1 oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 silver hour glass
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Airman Basic 14 November 1990
Airman 14 May 1991
Airman First Class 14 March 1992
Senior Airman 14 November 1993
Staff Sergeant 1 April 1998
Technical Sergeant 1 October 2002
Master Sergeant 01 April 2009
Senior Master Sergeant 01 May 2014
Chief Master Sergeant 01 Oct 2017
(Current as of April 2021)