Richard T. Aldridge
, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Program Executive Officer for Business and Enterprise Systems and Director of the Business and Enterprise Systems Directorate, Maxwell Air Force Base, Gunter Annex, Alabama. The BES portfolio is comprised of more than 150 programs, 2,300 military, civil service and contractor support personnel located at four bases throughout the United States with total funding of $1.025 billion. The organization acquires, operates and sustains operational support information technology systems for the Air Force and the Department of Defense.
Mr. Aldridge, a native of Millbrook, Alabama, was commissioned as a second lieutenant through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program in 1988. He served as a satellite engineer, systems engineer, program manager, and professional military educator in the active duty and Reserve components of the Air Force before entering civil service in 2006. He continues to serve as an Air Force Reserve colonel with the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center, Engineering Directorate, at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
Prior to arriving at BES, Mr. Aldridge was the Executive Director of the Air Force Network Integration Center, Scott AFB, Illinois. The center, as a direct reporting unit to Air Force Space Command, provided program offices with network design, software evaluation, performance analysis, and architecture development services. Prior to that assignment, Mr. Aldridge was a member of the 2012 Cohort of the Defense Senior Leadership Development Program, which included attendance at the U.S. Army War College and a career-broadening joint tour at U.S. Transportation Command.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
1994 Squadron Officer School (Distinguished Graduate), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Master of Science, Engineering Management, Western New England College, Springfield, Mass.
2001 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Reserve Component National Security Course, Fort McNair, Va.
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
2010 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2011 Excellence in Government Fellows Program, Partnership for Public Service, Washington, D.C.
2013 U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, Pa.
2013 Master of Science, Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, Pa.
1. March 1989 - November 1990, Satellite Engineering Officer and Evaluator, 2nd Satellite Control Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
2. November 1990 - September 1992, Satellite Systems Analyst, 2nd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. September 1992 - September 1993, Space Vehicle Operations Director, Space and Missile Systems Center, Detachment 4, NAVSTAR Operations Support Office, NAVSTAR GPS Joint Program Office, Peterson AFB, Colo.
4. September 1993 - September 1994, GPS Program Manager, Block IIR Operations, Space and Missile Systems Center, Detachment 4, NAVSTAR Operations Support Office, NAVSTAR GPS Joint Program Office, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. September 1994 - September 1995, Chief, E-8C Technology Upgrades, Joint STARS Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
6. September 1995 - December 1996, Chief, Joint STARS Training Simulators, Joint STARS Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
7. December 1996 - February 1999, Senior Flight Commander, 31st Student Squadron, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. February 1999 - December 2001, Academic Program Manager, Education and Curriculum Directorate, Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. December 2001 - May 2003, Operations Officer, 30th Student Squadron, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 2003 - May 2004, Deputy Director, Education and Curriculum Directorate, Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2004 - December 2005, Reserve Advisor, Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. December 2005 - September 2006, Vice Commandant, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. September 2006 - July 2008, Lead Engineer, Logistics and Maintenance Systems, 643rd Electronic Systems Squadron, Maxwell AFB - Gunter Annex, Ala.
14. July 2008 - July 2010, Chief Engineer, 754th Electronic Systems Group, 643rd Electronic Systems Squadron, Maxwell AFB - Gunter Annex, Ala.
15. July 2010 - July 2012, Director of Engineering, Enterprise Information Systems Directorate/ Business & Enterprise Systems Directorate, Maxwell AFB - Gunter Annex, Ala.
16. July 2012 - July 2013, student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
17. August 2013 - February 2014, Joint Action Officer, Enterprise Readiness Center, Headquarters, United States Transportation Command - Strategy, Policy and Logistics Directorate, Scott AFB, Ill.
18. February 2014 – March 2016, Executive Director, Air Force Network Integration Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
19. March 2016 – Present, Program Executive Officer, Business and Enterprise Systems, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2012 Exemplary Civil Service Award
2016 Meritorious Civil Service Award
Acquisition Professional Development Program:
Information Technology, Level III; Systems Planning Research Development Engineering, Level III; Program Management, Level I
Member: Acquisition Corps; Space Professional Corps, Cyberspace Professional Corps
(Current as of March 2017)