Charles Anthony Braswell is a member of the Senior Executive Service and serves as the Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Mr. Braswell leads a 2100-person contracting workforce across multiple geographically separated units and provides the necessary resources to organize, train and equip them at Hanscom and its three geographically separated units, while overseeing more than $45 billion in annual contract obligations. He supports all AF program executive officers on a myriad of Weapons systems platforms and programs (including manned and unmanned aircraft platforms, command, control, communication, intelligence and networks, battle management systems, digital platforms, major service acquisitions, air munitions, propulsion, cyber security, business systems and multiple Federally-Funded Research and Development Centers). Mr. Braswell is the contract clearance approval authority on all actions greater than $250 million.
Mr. Braswell entered government service with the Air Force in 1984 as a contracts specialist at Hill AFB, Utah, where he served as a contract administration officer and contracting systems manager. He is currently serving as the lead for DAF ACT COVID-19 relief team while dual-hatted in role as Director of Contracting. He has served in a variety of other key contracting positions within Air Force Logistics Command and Air Force Materiel Command. Serves on the AF Contracting Board of Directors overseeing the workforce development of AF contracting personnel. He has held key management positions on Joint Service projects for the Department of Defense as the Air Force liaison to Procurement Corporate Information Management Council and as an Air Force representative on the Joint Service Standard Procurement System source selection. He is bringing his innovative ideas and proactive approach to build strong organizations that produce outstanding results for the warfighter.
1982 Bachelor of Science, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
1983 Master of Business Administration, Idaho State University, Pocatello
2003 Air War College
2006 Defense Leadership and Management Program, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1. September 1984 – January 1987, Contract Administrator, later Administrative Contracting Officer, Contract Administration Division, Hill AFB, Utah
2. January 1987 – July 1990, Procurement Analyst, later Supervisory Procurement Analyst, Contracting Systems Division, Hill AFB, Utah
3. July 1990 – April 1993, Supervisory Procurement Analyst, Future Systems Office, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. April 1993 – September 1997, Chief, Future Systems Office, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. September 1997 – August 1999, Procurement Analyst, Commander’s Acquisition Support Staff, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. August 1999 – February 2001, Contracts Reviewer, Contracting Business and Support Division, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. February 2001 – October 2003, Chief, Reconnaissance Systems Contracting Branch, Reconnaissance System Wing, Aeronautical System Center,
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. October 2003 – March 2005, Chief, Global Hawk Contracting Division, Reconnaissance Systems Wing, Aeronautical Systems Center,
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. March 2005 – September 2007, Chief, F-16 Contracting Division, 312th Aeronautical Systems Group, Aeronautical System Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10 September 2007 – March 2008, Chief of Contracts, 326/312th Aeronautical Systems (Fighter/Bomber) Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. March 2008 – January 2013, Chief of Contracting, 508th Aerospace Sustainment Wing, later, Aerospace Sustainment Directorate, Hill AFB, Utah
12. January 2013 – February 2015, Deputy Director of Contracting, Air Force Sustainment Center Operating Location, Hill AFB, Utah
13. February 2015 - October 2017, Director of Contracting, Air Force Sustainment Center Operating Location, Hill AFB, Utah
14. October 2017 – December 2020, Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Operating Location, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
15. June 2020 – present, Team lead COVID-19 Relief Efforts, Air Force COVID Task Force, SAF/AQC.
16. December 2020 – present, Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Paterson AFB, Ohio.
Certified Acquisition Professional
Program Management Level I December 1992
Professional Designation in Contract Management (AFIT) March 1994
Contract Management Certification (ALMC) April 1994
Contracting Level III, May 1994; Contracting, Systems, April 1995
AWARDS AND HONORS
1989 Award of Merit
1992 Headquarters Air Force Material Command/PK Outstanding Manager of Year
1996 Defense Certificate of Recognition for Acquisition Innovation
1996 Special Act Award
2017 Meritorious Civilian Service Medal
(Current as of February 2021)